- The Removalist Job: Bilgola to Mona Vale to Beacon Hill.
- Moving Date: Saturday 20th September.
- Clients: Sarah and Tim.
- Time Taken: 3.75 hours.
- Moving Truck: Nissan UD.
- Weather: Sunny & dry but not hot.
- Removalist 1: David, has been with Man & His Van for in excess of 10 years but not full time. Absolutely loves big jobs, commutes from Baulkham Hills & so doesn’t like coming to work for 3 or 4 hours, laps up 10 to 12 hour days like a walk in the park. Is a die hard Manly Sea Eagles fan, travels regularly to both home & away games yet had to miss their last Grand Final for a friend of his partners wedding – a source of much amusement for the rest of the Removalist Sydney Northern Beaches gang.
- Removalist 2: Luke. Originally from Gisborne, New Zealand, but moved to Sydney over 25 years ago. Still an avid All Blacks fan (but there’s no accounting for taste!). Has collected a variety of boats, canoes & weird watercraft over the years, which only ever seem to get wet when it rains. A huge dog lover , must walk 200 km’s every week what with removals and walking his beloved dogs.
Removalists Beacon Hill
The beauty of the Northern Beaches is that when the weather is beautiful, there really is no better place to be living or working. And today was one of those days. So, with the weather sunny (but not too hot) and the sky blue, we headed out to Bilgola on a splendid Saturday morning to pick up from Plateau Road at 7 am.
We arrived at the house and got the run down on what was happening with the move. Sarah and Tim had moved in with the in-laws for a couple of months after selling their unit in Newport and were looking for a new place on the Northern Beaches. Sarah’s in-laws were glad to see us and offered loads of help, with her mum even bringing down the single mattress from upstairs all on her own!
After loading the truck with a bunch of boxes, bedroom furniture, 2 bedside tables and a tall boy, we got stuck in with the boxes in the garage. Their dad was pretty keen on us taking out his son’s Epic surf ski, but Tim asked their Dad to hold on to it for a bit longer. But once we cleared out the boxes there was almost enough room for the mum and dad to get their car back in the garage. Imagine that!
Then we loaded up the TV unit and television, along with an outdoor setting, corner lounge, some pictures, two fridges and a washing machine.
Tim turned up at this point with coffee and breakfast, claiming he was too busy to help with the move as he had to spend the morning at the new place waiting for some blinds to be installed. (We weren’t sure his missus believed him!)
With the truck loaded, we headed over to pick up some other furniture that had been stored in Mona Vale since they sold the unit in Newport. Then we drove over to Global storage in Mona Vale and loaded up the extra furniture, including a dryer and another outdoor setting before driving from Mona Vale over to their new place in Beacon Hill.
Turns out that Tim and Sarah had bought a lovely 3 bedroom cottage in Beacon Hill, and had picked it up for the ‘bargain price’ of just under a million dollars. Not bad for their second home. Prices on the Northern Beaches are insane! It had apparently been a deceased estate and had to be released from probate, and Tim and Sarah have done some renovations after buying it and the place had come up a treat.
Once we arrived in Beacon Hill we parked the truck in the driveway and unloaded. Which, with Tim and Sarah pitching in, happened in record time. Sarah and Tim were settling into their new place as we left and are planning a wedding in the Barossa next year. Just in time for Harvey Norman to arrive and drop off their new bed.
Click here for more information on Removalists Northern Beaches.