About Removalist Sydney Northern Beaches
Time moves so very quickly, but if you wound back the calendar to the first half of last decade of the twentieth century you’d find a very different Man and His Van Removals. Back then we were a fresh faced new company that primarily specialised in moving antiques and objects of fine art. Our introduction into this industry came through contacts the company’s founder, Michael Cummins, had with many of Sydney’s leading auction houses and antique dealers. The remit with prestigious companies such as these was to carefully transport art collections, antique furniture and even complete estates to auction houses and dealers such as Phillips in Woollahra, Tim Goodman in Double Bay and Lawsons in the Sydney CBD. Then, while the auction sales were in progress, Michael would be on hand to aid with the careful transportation and delivery of all the items sold.
The History of Man and His Van
The Man and His Van story first began in 1992, with just one lone removals truck and a ‘Head Office’ which was run out of a small back bedroom in an apartment in Boyle Street Fairlight. But, as the saying goes, mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
In those first couple of years, as the company expanded, the infrastructure tried it’s best to keep pace. But – let’s be honest – that was never going to happen while the business was operating out of a residential apartment block. The logistics involved in the removals industry are just too demanding to do the job professionally without access to a dedicated premises.
Then, in 1994, the unthinkable happened: Manly Council rangers paid us a visit, and they weren’t happy…
Looking back now of course, we can appreciate that Manly Council threatening to close us down unless we moved our (at that stage 4 trucks) to a business location (rather than parking them on the street!) was actually a blessing in disguise. Though at the time it’s fair to say that we were slightly less appreciative of the ‘gentle nudge’ the Council gave us to up-grade! Still, without fate stepping in like this, we might never have moved to our expansive premises in Brookvale. And it’s only when we moved there that the business really took off.
Once we were carefully ensconced in Brookvale, we rapidly expanded our removals operation by purchasing additional trucks and founding the Northern Beaches Storage business. This took off like a bush fire and we soon acquired a second property in Creek Road, Dee Why, to keep up with the demand.
To date, we now own and operate four huge storage properties here on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, along with dozens of trucks and vans and utes to cater for moves of all sizes. And – with twenty years’ experience, and an industry network second to none, Man and His Van has transformed into one of Sydney’s largest and most trusted removalist and storage companies.
Our Senior Team Members
Man and His Van furniture removalists
Local furniture removals and storage here on the Northern Beaches
Man and His Van have been a familiar sight on the Northern beaches for the last 25 years. Every morning our men and furniture removal vans leave the Brookvale base, bright and early, heading in all directions. Just like most beaches residents we would rather stay this side of the Spit Bridge. We always prefer our local removal and storage work.
Removalist services provided
Man & His Van Can assist you with:
- House, Home & Unit Removals. From a studio apartment to a Palm Beach Mansion, we have the resources to cover them all.
- Business, Office & Commercial Removals. Moving between business premises is a busy & stressful time. To ensure seamless business continuity choose professionals like Man & His Van.
- Removals Insurance. For peace of mind have your possessions covered during your move.
- Packing Service. Too busy to pack or would like professional packing? Just let us know. Likewise we can also unpack for you in your new home or office.
- Storage. We offer both short and long term storage on the Northern Beaches
- Boxes & Packing Materials? Visit the Man & His Van Box Shop in Brookvale – 6/91-93 Old Pittwater Road, Sydney, NSW 2100.
Why choose Man & His Van for your Northern Beaches move?
- A Local Choice. Our stores and depot are located in Brookvale – save money on call out fees.
- A Professional Choice. A long standing AFRA accredited removalist with two decades of experience moving Northern Beaches locals and a reputation for quality, professionalism & reliability.
- Our Guys are Great! All of our Man & His Van Staff are clean-cut, strong, fit & hard-working. We also pride ourselves on being polite, clean and friendly! All staff have had thorough back-ground checks and are professionally trained to the highest standards.
Do you require storage on the Northern Beaches?
We offer short, medium & long term storage at very competitive prices. We own 4 storage locations on the Northern Beaches. We also provide insurance for storage. Click here for further information.
Moving house on the Northern Beaches – preparing your property
Many real estate agents will suggest a decent clean-out before putting a property on the market. Man and His Van will be happy to assist with our removals and short-term storage services. We are seeing a a lot of interest now regarding de-cluttering before a household removal. When you sell, we can move you too!
Our coverage zone – All Northern Beaches suburbs:
Man and His Van cover all the suburbs in the Northern Beaches, and yes that does include Scotland Island. From Manly to Palm Beach, from Mona Vale to Frenchs Forest we have it all covered.
We also have extensive experience with those ‘difficult’ locations such as elevated or water-front properties.